How’s life and business?
I hope this finds you thriving and creating big changes, leaving your mark in your world.
One of the most important realizations I had when I started building my coaching business was this…
Choose a sustainable business model that will allow you to leverage your time, scale, and give you freedom. Without this, you will eventually get to a point where you will be burned out, used up, and anything but memorable. You won’t have the ability to serve more and make more.
By memorable, I mean making the kind of impact on your clients, that they HAVE to tell people about you. The kind of memorable that sticks in their minds years later, so they always think of you when they remember the moment they began to shift their life or business.
Most of us have experienced working till burned out, feeling used up and spent, but we are choosing something different now.
Whatever you do in your coaching business, I want you to have plenty of time, plenty of growth & income, and plenty of opportunities to leave your mark and become memorable!
How do you do this? How do you stand out from the crowd of coaches and become memorable?
- Do things differently. For example, don’t follow the standard path of selling. Take the time to really listen to your could-be clients, to the things that are most important to them and help them achieve what they want most. To do this, you have to know your clients struggles inside and out. Try this “different” approach to identifying your client persona, it’s called empathy mapping and it’s definitely heart-centered! The article on Medium.com does a great job of explaining it.
- Choose a sustainable business model. How do you find this type of business model? Look for a mentor who is has built a heart-centered business around her life (and not the other way around), so you can model it. (Careful here, many people will make things look wonderful on the surface, but in reality, they are working tons, missing out on family time, and not leaving their mark on the world…and are anything BUT memorable!)
- Know how to actually scale your business in a way that doesn’t require you to work more, work harder, and become a slave to your business. Otherwise, you are not coaching for the reasons you started all of this in the first place. Consider reading, Paul Jarvis’s: Company of One. In this incredible book, he talks about how staying small is the next big thing for business!
- Define what “freedom” is to you. The word “freedom” is used a lot in our industry, but freedom doesn’t mean the same thing to everyone. What does it mean for you?
- Do what you love. No explanation needed.
Freedom to me, is being able to go to Mackenzie’s ballet class without stress or rushing around frantically. This is a picture of Mackenzie at her first day of ballet…makes my heart smile that I could be there and be fully present.
Her class is in the middle of the day. She has a Tuesday class at 10am and Thursday at 4pm. If it wasn’t for the ability to work on my own schedule, I wouldn’t be able to be there with her. I think it’s more important than ever to do what you love (work or personal) because your kids, and each generation will learn from you.
And believe it or not, so will your clients!
This is all part of building a heart-centered coaching business that enables you to leave your mark. Go through the 5 points above and respond as if they were “Do you have…” questions. Use this to guide you in building your heart-centered coaching business. Try out the empathy mapping exercise and if you get a chance, read the book and let me know what you think!
YES to SELF
YES to FAMILY
YES to LEAVING YOUR MARK
Thanks for listening and allowing me to share a piece of my life and expertise with you. Every week, I’ll send another “Leave Your Mark”, where I’ll share tips about how to build a business that enables you to leave your mark and make the biggest impact.
If you haven’t taken this step already, here are 3 ways I can help you grow your coaching business and enrollment skills:
- The High Converting Strategy Session Blueprint (FREE)
- The 6 Figure Enrollment System A program where I will give direct feedback on your enrollment sessions.
- 60-Day Private Coaching w/ Maggie – if you’re looking for more one-on-one work or want to learn about a business model that gives you more time and can scale, book a call to talk with me about it.